Baked Cheese Cake
This is my go to simple and easy baked cheese cake recipe for our house dinners. I usually prepare it a day before to allow ample setting.
Baked cheese cake base
- 60 g margarine
- 45 g light brown sugar
- 88 g golden syrup
- 180 g cake flour
- 5 ml ground ginger
- 2.5 ml bicarbonate of soda
- 80 g margarine melted
Baked cheese cake filling.
- 250 g cream cheese
- 45 g castor sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- ¼ tsp vanilla essence
For the base
- Cream together the margarine and sugar, and add the syrup.
- Sift the dry ingredients and add to the creamed mixture.
- Roll out and bake at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Crumb and mix the 80 grams melted margarine into the 100gram crumbs.
For the cheese cake filling
- Put cream cheese in a large bowl add castor sugar and beat well until mixture is smooth.
- Gradually add beaten egg add vanilla essence.
- Pour mixture over chilled paste, smoothing the top .
- Bake at 160 degrees Celsius for 20-30 minutes until lightly set.
- Remove from the oven, leave to cool for 30 minutes, chill to set.
- Remove from mold.
- Serve cold.