When it comes to dessert, there is just something about knowing you have a dessert in the freezer ready and waiting that makes life just a little sweeter…And when it comes to this amazing fridge set cheesecake, life feels brighter. This cheesecake does not require baking
No bake cheesecake
- 9 inch pan
- 225 g store-bought nuttikrust biscuits
- 65 g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp tablespoon powdered gelatin For the chocolate cheesecake filling
- 2 tbsp powdered gelatine
- 1/2 cup water
- 375 g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 105 g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 150 g white chocolate
- 425 ml cream any store bought
- Make the crust: Lightly coat mini ring mould pans with cooking spray [alternatively grease a 9 inch pan and follow the same steps.]
- Place the nuttikrust biscuits in a food processor. Process into crumbs. Drizzle in the melted butter and process until the crumbs start to clump together. Scoop the buttery crumbs in the coated mini pans.
- Dissolve the gelatin: Sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water in a microwave-safe bowl or glass measuring cup. Stir to moisten – it should look like applesauce. Set aside for 5 minutes to soften. Once softened, microwave the gelatin for 25 seconds, until the gelatin is dissolved and liquid.Set aside to cool.
- For the filling;In a large mixing bowl, beat the 425ml of heavy cream until medium peaks form. Set aside.
- Heat the chocolate plus 75ml of cream. Add this to the dissolved gelatin mix. Stir until well combined. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, caster sugar and vanilla until smooth. Slowly pour in the chocolate, cream and gelatin mix. Then slowly fold in the whipped 425ml of cream.
- Divide batter evenly better between the cups. (You can use a scoop or pastry bag to pipe in to the cups.)